Monday, January 7, 2013

Martini Dress


It feels good to finally make up a fabulous fabric find into a fabulous dress. It's perhaps not as sexy as I was hoping but eh, It does the job.


Look at dat slit! Reinforced and everything. Butterick 5032, a 1952 repro pattern. 


It is actually ridiculously comfortable. Great pattern. I wish that I bought the pattern as a size 12 (I bought a size 14 before realising I am actually a 12 in pattern size land) so I just did mega big seam allowances.


It passed the fly-kick test.


I'm pretty happy in the end. I'd like to pair it with an orange belt and handbag!

17 comments:

  1. Hooray for retro reproduction patterns! This would look great with a belt, to show off those retro curves!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh definitely! I feel like somewhat of a blimp without a belt in this dress! Have yet to wear it out though!

      Delete
  2. Oh, this is so cute and summery! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I want to make it in a million colours! Already got another fabric lined up :D

      Delete
  3. Lovely dress!
    I read your burdastyle status, email me? I'm worried about you! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks girl xo
      I've been through the wars! Will explain a bit more in my next post :)

      Delete
  4. I nominate your blog for the Liebster Award :)
    http://mpbymaude.blogspot.ca/2013/01/liebster-award.html
    Your blog is one of my favorite if not my favorite !!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the dress! I wish we could all sew cocktail inspired garments all the time!
    I nominated you for the Liebster Award! You can check it out here:
    http://dinosaurgirlfashion.blogspot.co.il/2013/01/and-golden-globes-goes-to.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is adorable the colour looks so cute on you. Just found your blog and loving it!! Cant wait to read your other posts and steal some ideas!! :)

    ReplyDelete