Monday, August 27, 2012

The 'Walk Away' Dress

Ahh, ze 'Walk Away' Dress. Considered to be a phenomenally easy pattern that you can start at breakfast and walk away in by lunch hour. Mine took a little longer. More like from breakfast to dinner... the next day.

It is... a very... interesting dress. I can gladly say this cost me under $20 to make. I made the bias myself to match my shoe colour as closely as possible.

 

It's not the kind of dress you'd want to wear on a windy day. Make sure you have your best panties on before leaving the house!


So yes, the pattern is Butterick 4790. I had been seeing this pattern for ages but it never took my fancy, until I saw this version. I'm still not completely sold but hey, I ain't complaining.


Y'all like my new pin up coat and bag? And how awesome are my shades?! I need to get them fitted with prescription lenses so I can actually, ya know, see out of them.

SO MUCH PINK

Mr Wind! Please!


Along with self made bias I also made self covered buttons. This is not how the pattern calls for the dress to be closed, but for some reason I couldn't get the wrap piece to meet in a pink fit. Oh ho ho, Natalie, nice pun.