Saturday, July 28, 2012

Pink Elephants on Parade!

 
Yes, after all my whinging I managed to get this dress sewn up in less than a day. And I couldn't be more happy with it!


Butterick 6582 too so long to cut out because I wanted to use the pattern for the skirt part of view C, but seeing as I had 45" quilting cotton, it just wasn't cutting it. Oh ho ho! Pun.


These pictures were taken at work by some babe after I got changed to go out for the evening. I think all in all I enjoyed making this dress, and though people have said it's not the exact retro look they were hoping for, it is still a beautiful dress. I am planning on making the pencil skirt version soon, and have already picked out the fabric. Tee hee!


So I had to do some fancy work cutting and attaching things, blah blah, but all in all I am quite happy with the result. 



When in Sephora I found a nail polish called 'Seeing Pink Elephants'. I had to have it. I love pink elephants. Which is why I bought this fabric to begin with! (I also layered a glitter over the top, because I freaking love glitter)

Now continuing to work on a few older projects, and one new one!