Friday, April 20, 2012

Farmyard Dress

Woah, Blogspot! Your new layout is doing my noggin in!

Anyhoo, here is the second installment of the outfits used in my short film. There are another two outfits coming.  The film has been shot and I'm in the process of editing it :)


New Look 6799. The first time I used this was my first ever attempt at sewing with a pattern. I had no idea about sizes. I had to cut myself out of the dress. So this is attempt two! And I must say, I do like the result (though it's a little dodgy due to the sheer speed at which I've had to make these outfits) but I think given a little more time it would have turned out better. As long as it looks good on screen who cares!!


Also thanks to Nitty who helped me with the sewing of this dress. I did not have enough time to do everything by myself, thankfully I have awesome friends c:

Also I bought a Canon 5D Mk II!


8 comments:

  1. Oh wow, that dress is incredible! Just hope that I never come to Melbourne, otherwise I may steal it off you, just quietly! Haha
    Will you be posting your film anywhere on the interwebs once it's finished?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha naww shucks! :P Yeah the film will end up on YouTube or vimeo or something... I have a finished video that was a group project that I shall link in my next post :)

      Delete
  2. You look positively adorable! I don't know too many who could pull off 'farmyard chic' quite like this. And also, that shape looks like just the perfect dress for you, that collar is so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love all your creations :P This dress is no exception!!! The fabric is absolutely adorable! Ah you look so good in your dresses xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehe! I JUST had enough fabric to do it! Thanks :) x

      Delete