Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Wizard of Oz Rooibos

Hello again! Prolific posting these days, so it seems!


Here is my first Rooibos dress! I have another fabric I'd like to make it out of and was going to make that one first to test out the pattern, but no! I'm waaay too impatient to let my pretty Wizard of Oz fabric just sit in my hamper for more months on end!


I made the piping myself and put that along the neckline and pockets.



Usually Colette patterns allow for my 'dangerous curves', however I found this pattern to lack the figure hugging benefits that oh, say, the Ceylon dress does. So I had to taper in the sides but I think it looks fine!


I am so in love with this dress and I think it may just be my most favourite creation thus far. I didn't use an invisible zip as I couldn't be bothered, but I think it all looks fine and dandy anyhoo.


Hooray! Now my next post will involve some skirts... tee hee!

And please excuse my indoor shots as it has been much too cold to venture outside!!

5 comments:

  1. Holy cow! That fabric is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. your fabric choices are always so cool!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is my favorite dress of anytime on any blog ever in life. This dress is amazing. AWESOME job.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooh - love the yellow bit at the neckline! Kickass print and you look fab, as always!

    ReplyDelete