Sunday, February 19, 2012

Playsuit!

Ah, what an amazing feeling that was when I cut off the last loose thread. I have been wanting to make a playsuit for years. A little while ago there was a store here in Melbourne (I will not name it) that made and sold playsuits for over $200. Every time I walked in there I would nitpick the garments and say to myself "I could make this... and I could do a better job too!" as I pulled at loose threads, parts where the lining was coming loose and poking my fingers through holes in the stitching. In other words, totally not worth $200. But enough of that!

So here is my first play suit! I have made shorts, and I have made tops, but now here it is, in all its hot pink glory.


This was actually made just to test the pattern. Though it is a bit tight I think it would look strange if it was any looser. It does give me an interesting butt experience though.

How unflattering!
And the puppet's name is Louie! I purchased him from the Queen Victoria Night Market for a grand total of $35. You can find him at http://sonshinepuppets.com/


The pattern is McCall's 6331. It's actually supposed to be for teenagers, but seeing as I don't have that big of a buttocks (which is the main complaint from pattern reviewers) I made up the pattern exactly. I do think though that I will cut it about a centimeter more on either side to allow for my mahoosive hips next time I use this pattern.

Why do my legs look char grilled?
I made my version fully lined, as you could see my undies through the cotton of the shorts. Not a good look. But all in all I think I did a pretty good job! Yay!