Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Spotty 60s

I was happy that it was summer, but then realised 'oh crap! I have literally nothing really to wear!'

So I sifted through my huge box full of patterns and remembered one of the vintage patterns I purchased, Simplicity 3478, a coordinates pattern from the early 1960s. I made the top and the shorts.


I had lots of fun making this, as the pattern was strange (pre cut with holes instead of writing etc), and it was very easy to do! I will be making a pair of these shorts again in lightweight denim, and a few more of the tops. If I can be bothered I will one day make a set of the whole line of coordinates!


The drill I used started to fray badly on the darts, so I put some Fray Stop, which obviously stopped it from fraying. While taking these photos I noticed the darts were now irritating and my skin hated them, so I added some lightweight fusible interfacing over the top which should do the trick.

5 comments:

  1. Lovely ensemble dear. I'm sure we'll have another flash heat wave soon so you can reach maximum wear utilisation. Have fun at camp!

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha, very fun! You're pretty brave to rock polka dot shorts!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fun outfit! I stumbled upon your blog via BurdaStyle, I really like your style and what you make! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome stuff, Nat! Have fun at camp!

    ReplyDelete
  5. haha I love that last photo, you got spunk girl!

    ReplyDelete