I was happy that it was summer, but then realised 'oh crap! I have literally nothing really to wear!'
So I sifted through my huge box full of patterns and remembered one of the vintage patterns I purchased, Simplicity 3478, a coordinates pattern from the early 1960s. I made the top and the shorts.
I had lots of fun making this, as the pattern was strange (pre cut with holes instead of writing etc), and it was very easy to do! I will be making a pair of these shorts again in lightweight denim, and a few more of the tops. If I can be bothered I will one day make a set of the whole line of coordinates!
The drill I used started to fray badly on the darts, so I put some Fray Stop, which obviously stopped it from fraying. While taking these photos I noticed the darts were now irritating and my skin hated them, so I added some lightweight fusible interfacing over the top which should do the trick.