Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Junk Food Ceylon

The moment I saw one of these dresses I knew I had to have this pattern. So I bought it. All $30 worth.


Colette Patterns are so easy to follow, with fabulous instructions and diagrams. Best of all, their designs are made for hour-glass figures! (Well, not so good if you don't have an hour-glass figure, I figure...)


I had this Alexander Henry print lying around, just waiting for the right thing to make it into. I decided on the Ceylon dress, but it was very far down my list, until I received an email from the group I model for telling me I have a shoot that coming Saturday. I agreed to it, but then remembered my agonising, horrific (by my standards) sunburn that was eating away my swollen flesh. I didn't have anything to cover it up. Or would I?!


In two days (TWO DAYS!) I was able to whip the Ceylon dress up as I realised that the collar and sleeves would perfectly hide my not-so-perfect skin. With mother's help sewing on the buttons, I had time to make a matching pink bow in the same poplin I used to make the fabric-covered buttons. Hurrah!

7 comments:

  1. That dress is so cute! And the bow is too sweet~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your fabric rocks out! I WANT this fabric.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm listening. How wide and how much.... would be the next logical question....

    ReplyDelete
  4. May or may not have just bought a couple of her sewing patterns for myself. Also there's a fantastic fabric shop I found where I live and it has the cheapest and best quilting fabric I've ever seen. I'll post some of my finds when I get home :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just stopping by to say congratulations! This dress was featured in the Burdastyle favourites of the year slideshow (I can't remember the exact name so I made one up!)
    Yay!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've bought the same fabric ! I'm looking for a "off the shoulder" top, I'm not sure how to make the sleeves :).

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've bought the same fabric ! I'm looking for a "off the shoulder" top, I'm not sure how to make the sleeves :).

    ReplyDelete