Saturday, December 10, 2011

Black Blimp Dress


Looking at some of the photos I took for this post brought me to this reaction: I looked like THAT last night?! What a blimp!

Pockets!
The black blackiness of the dress is a little too much I think, but I needed a plain black dress as I lacked one.

I enjoy my legs
It's another Vogue 8723, and was very frustrating second time around too, but not as much as the first. I used black poplin for both the shell and the lining.


 Okay, maybe I did have more fun making this one than the other one. Black is, however, a lot harder to sew with in lower light conditions, and seeing as my sewing machine lacks a light (because the bulb literally blew up very near my face maybe two years ago and I have not been able to get the shrapnel out to replace it) boy was this a doozy. But It was all okay. Perhaps I'll make another one. Maybe. Or is three of one dress to much?!

3 comments:

  1. Lovely to see another melburnite sewing enthusiast in the blogosphere. Looks like we kicked our blogs off at virtually the same time too. Whoohoo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can never have too many dresses if its a good pattern! I have a dress that I made from a Burda pattern in so many different ways! Shorter, with sleeves, without sleeves, with patterned fabric, with lace, higher neckline, lower neckline. No no notices! and if its a great pattern just do it xx

    ReplyDelete